Words do carry Consequences.

It was a hot day in June and I was about 10 years old at the time. I was coming back home from Saturday School with my mom and you can't imagine how I felt about Saturday School. I was just given an obscene amount of homework and I knew that my weekend was shot.
 Instead of coming home and meeting up with my friends I knew that I would be posted up in my room studying with my mother screaming in my ear the entire time. When I returned home I just wanted to relax but surprise, surprise my mother had other plans about that. Immediately upon my return she wanted me to go upstairs and do my homework, because I had regular school work to complete on top of the Saturday work load that needed to be completed by Monday. I don’t know if it was that single act or just the accumulation of all the work together that made me say what I said next, but it came out none the less. I turned to my mother, who was yelling at me to get upstairs and work and I Unleashed 5 years of pent up aggression and frustration at her. I screamed how I hated Saturday school and I didn’t have time for anything else. She began to scream back and somewhere in the chaos I shouted that I HATED HER.
As soon as I muttered these words a look of sadness struck my mothers face that I had not seen before. It was the first and only time I made my mother cry. I immediately felt a swell of regret and shame cloud over my entire being. I was frozen, I didn’t know what to do or say, but I immediately regretted saying those words. It took a great deal of apologizing to finally get things right. I learned that day how important it is to keep your emotions under control when you argue or disagree with people, especially with those that you love and care for. Words can leave scars on people and they do impact them, sometimes in a significant way. From that point forward I tried to make it a point to calm down when I am frustrated and angry as my actions and words do carry consequences. Although I cant take back what I said to her, I look at it as a learning experience that you should always think before you speak.

Comments

You may also LIKE these :)

I am your Diary

Fictions- Can touch your heart -1

Man of her DREAMS - 1